Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Closed TWO weeks ago!

Wow!  It's been two weeks already and it doesn't feel like it (nor does my house look like it).  We closed on our house and tried moving all the big furniture that we planned on taking with us which was really only two bedrooms.. the rest we wanted all new.  

After we spent only three days in our new house we packed for our vacation and just got back here.. so we closed two weeks ago yet we've only been in our house approximately 5 days total.  Our PM is already emailing us asking us to set up our 30 days for next week and I don't even know where to begin.  I feel like we haven't had enough time to figure what is wrong.  Any bloggers want to give me hints on what to check closely??  All we really have are paint touch ups and some outlets not working.  

Anyway, our house is still empty of furniture.  We did paint the entire downstairs because it was a boring off white color contractors use TERRIBLE/CHEAP paint so we wanted that gone immediately!  We will eventually do the upstairs too.  So, my house is empty of furniture but not empty of boxes/bags waiting to be unloaded.  

Here are just a couple pictures of our morning room.  I'm disappointed about the area rug we got.. we underestimated the size of it and clearly need a bigger rug :(  They aren't cheap!  We also need a buffet table, bar stools, blinds, and valances.  


This rug is a 5 X 7 I think.. we definitely need it to be bigger.  Looks kind of funny but maybe it will work.. still debating.

Here is what our family room looks like....

MESSY!!

Here is what the front room looks like....

 MESSY!!

You don't even want to see the garage!! haha

13 comments:

  1. We bought an 8'x10' rug for our morning room and it was the perfect size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got an 8x10 too, and it was perfect. Check out rugsusa.com. They generally have a sale going, and our rug was normally $1000, and I got it for $200. If you're willing to take a risk buying a rug online, it's a pretty good site. Good for you for painting right away! We've been so busy painting our old house getting ready to list it, I can't even look at a paint swatch without whimpering. Your house is shaping up nicely, even if you haven't been in it that long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what most rooms in my house look like. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dark wood table! Very nice.

    Not to highjack your blog posting, but Ryan Homes recently ran a promotion where they invited people to upload a photo of their favorite grilled food. Now they're asking for people to vote for their favorite, today thru next Monday.

    I'd REALLY appreciate it if you could take the time to visit the link (https://apps.tradablebits.com/fb/fFyb) and vote for my entry: GRILLED CORN, AVOCADO AND TOMATO. Feel free to borrow the recipe I posted there as well!

    Thanks! - buildingwithryanhomes-blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful!! You'll get it the way you want it. Yes an 8x10 rug would fit that space better. I bought 3 rugs on rugsusa.com and all three are absolutely gorgeous and expensive feeling. I got them all on sale and the biggest one I got was a 9x12 and it was only $270. You should definitely check them out. It looks great! Do you have a built-in in your family room??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check the site out!! I want the exact rug in a bigger size but I'm sure I can find something comparable.

      It's not a built in but that would be nice!! It's just apart of our entertainment center. It's a work in progress :)

      Delete
  6. LOVE the table in your Morning room and your light in there, too! BIG HIGH FIVE for painting already! Been in our Florence since 2010 and haven't painted anything yet. We did just put a backsplash in the kitchen.

    Look forward to seeing what else you do!

    GS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good!!
    Where is your entertainment center from? It really looks like a built in and I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! I agree with everybody else....the table looks good. I actually had to scroll back and look at the entertainment center Caitlin mentioned. It does look like a built in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the paint looks great in the morning room! And did you upgrade your light fixture in there or do that yourself? I like that one a lot.

    ReplyDelete